Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I build credit without using credit cards. I have no debt, or credit cards, and I don't want either.

What a sure fire way to build good credit. I don't want credit cards. I don't have any debt. I live with my parent. I don't have a car, I live in New York City. I've only worked 3 months my entire life. And, now I'm going to start looking for a job and paying taxes, and being an adult basically. Hopefully moving out. How do I get good credit. it seems to help with things.How can I build credit without using credit cards. I have no debt, or credit cards, and I don't want either.
why not get a cellphone in your name. Or ask your parents if they will put the phone and/or the electric bill in your name. Both of these will help establishing your credit without having to obtian credit cards. Since your parents are already paying these bills it will be a great way for them to help you reach your goals.

Good luck with your job search. With your views on credit, I think you will be a sucess in whatever you decide to do.How can I build credit without using credit cards. I have no debt, or credit cards, and I don't want either.
Get credit cards.



Use them like cash. Refill them regularly. You won't be charged and you will build credit. Just don't leave any balance on them at the end of the month.
Your best bet is to put bills in your name. Your lease, utility bills, cell phone bills will add to your credit. Also, a lot of banks have ';credit cards'; that help establish credit. These usually aren't a typical credit card. If you do find that you have to sign up for a credit card, make sure that you do not sign up for one at a retail store, they have a high percentage correlated with them. Make sure you are NEVER late on payments either!
These are all good answers. Another proven method is to go to your bank and get a signature loan on installment. This is just a loan that you agree to pay back; make sure it's at least 12 months, but the longer the better. Tell them you're working to build up your credit and will put the money they loan you in a CD at the bank. You'll have to cover the interest rate spread, but that's minor, and it's well worth building good credit. Not all credit is equal; revolving debt like credit cards can actually hurt your score, installment loans like what I've described or car loans are better, and home mortgages are best.
Buy something that you can afford, like a piece of furniture, but buy it on a payment plan. Pay it off over 12 months or so, even if you can pay the whole amount up front. It will prove to creditors that you are responsible and can follow the terms of a loan.



You also might want to reconsider and apply for one credit card, use it for small monthly purchases and pay it off in full each month.



Check out this site for credit cards for beginners.

http://www.e-wisdom.com/credit_cards/fai
This question is answered here:



http://www.financialfreedomtrail.com/cre

No comments:

Post a Comment