Sunday, November 21, 2010

Would getting a third credit card and using it properly (not carrying a balance over to each month, no......?

late payments, etc) inprove my credit score? I have two credit cards, both with about 1800 dollars on them. I don't know my credit score but I know its not good by how little of a credit limit credit cards companies are willing to offer me. I've been late twice and I've been carrying that kind of balance for about 2 years now. I'm finally starting to pay them off, which should happen in approx. 2 1/2 to 3 years. If I get another credit card and only put 25 dollars a month on it, and ALWAYS pay the full balance off at the end of month and have no late payments etc. will that, and paying off my debt improve my credit score or just counter-act my other debt? HELP!!! Thank you!Would getting a third credit card and using it properly (not carrying a balance over to each month, no......?
Bad plan---too much temptation to use it!

Best to just pay as much as possible on the two you have. NEVER pay the minimum, you'll be in debt forever!!

Bite the bullet for a couple years if necessary until you pay it all off.



Another option might be to get a loan from your bank or CU, pay off both cards, and then pay as much each month as you can on the loan. That's called a ';consolidation'; loan, and if you can get an interest rate lower than on the cards, it's usually a good idea to do it.Would getting a third credit card and using it properly (not carrying a balance over to each month, no......?
No, it really won't make that much difference with you carrying a balance on your other cards. Just put the money to paying off the cards; that will increase your score.
Hi,

I used ';Credit Solution'; to settle my debt and improve my credit score.They managed to reduce my debt up to 58%.It's legitimate.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:

http://shurl.net/5oX
Yes, getting a third credit card would theoretically increase your credit score because your total credit line is now higher and you are using a lower percentage of your total credit line.



Since you are having problems with two cards, it may not make sense for you to get a third unless you can get a 0%, no fee balance transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment