Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I establish credit / fix my credit, if I can't get aproved for a credit card?

I'm 23 and have had only to accounts on my credit. One was a credit card with Citi that I overdrafted, paid, and closed. The other was a Bank Account I had with a Credit Union that I overdrafted by less than 300 dollars and then paid and closed. I've tried applying for credit cards to re-establish my credit but no one aproves me. How can I do this if no one will aprove me?How do I establish credit / fix my credit, if I can't get aproved for a credit card?
The only way that you'll establish credit is with a secured credit card. If you have a car payment and utilities make sure you make all your payments. Capital One is a good one to start with.How do I establish credit / fix my credit, if I can't get aproved for a credit card?
You could always try to get a secured credit card. This is where you give them say 200.00 which they keep as collateral and they give you a card with a 200.00 credit limit. Make all your payments on time and in time it should help your credit rating. If and when the card switched over to a non secured card you would get your 200 back. Hope this helps a little.
Actually, I disagree with above two answers. If you are 23, you can apply for student credit card. The credit line is usually lower and apr is higher, but it is really easy to get. Also try other financial institutes, Providian is famous for giving out credit cards to people with low to bad credit. Try those if none approves then you can get a secured credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment