Sunday, November 14, 2010

What would two 18 year olds need to do to rent an apartment with no credit history? Is it possible?

What would we have to do to get an apartment? How do we get credit? If our credit isn't bad because we haven't used it, can we still be approved? Would we have to co-sign with a person with credit? I am moving to nyc for college, my college has no dorm. My boyfriend who is also 18 and has no credit will be moving with me.What would two 18 year olds need to do to rent an apartment with no credit history? Is it possible?
I am 19 and recently signed a lease to an apartment in mobile alabama. Because I did not have an established credit history they made me show them my paystubs, phone bill, and I had to put a pricey security deposit and first and last months rent. It is hard to come up with the security deposit but my landlord let me pay half up front and monthly payments for the rest.

I would imaging you would have to do the same things in nyc.What would two 18 year olds need to do to rent an apartment with no credit history? Is it possible?
most younger, first time renters need to have someone co-sign. usually a parent or guardian will do. just ask about what they require when you go to look at apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment