Sunday, November 14, 2010

What is the best credit card to get for someone with no credit, to establish credit?

I am one of those people starting to realize that having no credit is worse then bad credit. I'm wanting to get a new car (all of the cars I've had up until this point were paid in full) and I know that im going to need some sort of credit. Soo.. im wanting to get a credit card..to establish credit. What card should I get? And how do I go about getting it?...please only serious answer. Thanks.What is the best credit card to get for someone with no credit, to establish credit?
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I work as an analyst manually reviewing general applications for credit and credit line increases, and I see this question often here on Yahoo! Answers, and if I had a piece of advice I could offer to people that are struggling to get a credit card, I would suggest checking where you do you banking to see if they offer secured credit cards.



Major banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, USBank, and Citi all offer these cards, and how it works, is that you have to place a deposit upfront which is used as collateral to secure a matching credit line, for example, if you deposit $300, then your credit line would be $300. The deposit is held until you've denonstrated that the account can be kept in good standing, and then at some point later on, it's given back, and a regular card is issued.What is the best credit card to get for someone with no credit, to establish credit?
You have a few basic ways to go, the easiest would be a secured credit card.
try getting a store credit card first. but use it wisely!!!

charge your first amount and pay if off in installments, not all @ once

BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE $$ AVAILABLE TO PAY IT OFF IN ONE LUMP SUM.

you are trying to build up credit.
If you do not have any credit. One of the best credit card would be Capital One. I would suggest that you compare and apply for no credit history credit card at http://bestcreditcardratings.com/new-credit
A secure credit card is the easiest or a student credit card



http://getnointerestcreditcards.com/category/student-credit-cards

No comments:

Post a Comment