Sunday, November 14, 2010

How much do you/people spend a month on credit card payments?

I want to know because after reading about all the debt that you/people are all in in this credit category I don't want the big dollor low intrest rate no fees credit card that are allowing people to spend like theres no tomorrow. Like no fees 9 % rates or lower, 10,000 and up credit rate . I will never spend more than $300 dollors on my credit card for something and will not use it again untill i pay off that in 3 months. Everything eles will be done with the debit card. I think some people are better off with the low credit rate credit cards with the 19 % plus rates to keep them under controll .



What are they buying to get in 10,000 to 26,000 dollors in credit card debt ending up fileing bankrupcy that they can't wait to get??How much do you/people spend a month on credit card payments?
It really isn't that much the expensive stuff they buy, it is the amount of things they buy.

Course not everyone buys a car a month on a creditcard, but some people may buy some clothes or other thinks they like which they can't actually afford. And that does add up to a lot of money.

Other people are just being lazy, for example using their credit card as an actual credit. Its much cheaper to get one at the bank, pay the wedding with that and then have lower interest rates. People dont do that. They charge it on the credit card.



To your problem. You can put a limit on your creditcard. Mine is limited to $300 of which I know I can pay off every month.How much do you/people spend a month on credit card payments?
None. I use cash. Credit card debt is the real downfall of the economy.
I have 1 credit card - I pay it at 拢30 per month.
I pay 600.00 a month sometimes a little less. Everything I put on my credit card I pay off the full amount on the incoming statement. I charge everything instead of using cash or check because this way every month I can see where my money is going. I charge gas, food, clothes, bills, just about any expense that can be paid using a credit card. Some people get a little crazy with their credit card and spend it like its a gift certificate and they pay the minimum balance. Once they reached there max credit limit then they realize they are in debt.
I don't have any credit cards.... I'm almost 22 and I pay cash/money order/PRE-PAID master card, for everything!
I don't use credit card.
$300 - $600

I don't carry balances tho - no debt other than mortgage
I spend zero because I use a debit card
I pay my balances in full. I don't spend more than I can afford unless it's an emergency. I won't let credit card debt control my life.
credit card are luracating so spend what u can pay later
My husband and I never have outstanding credit card dept.

Whatever we put on the card we pay off when the bills come. I guess we are just good with our money.

With a 19% interest rate, you are paying double or trible what the orginal price was of what you bought, it is crazy.
my mom was very mad at me and confiscated my credit card cause i spend it everytime i go to mall..... huhuhuhu!!!! i want my credit card back!!
$0



The only reason I use my credit card instead of debit would be if i was going to buy it anyways (gas, groceries, et cetra). Then I go home and go to my online banking and transfer the money from my checking account to my credit card account. Pay it on time, same day as a matter of fact. Still get the reward points also.
It's the credit game. You just need to pay off your bills and it builds your credit up. For example, I use my credit card on things that I must spend it on like gas, cell phone bill, and groceries. My bill is usually around $300 on general expenses and it helps build my credit.
HERE IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO WHEN IT COMES TO PAYING BILLS LIKE CREDIT CARDS, CAR PAYMENTS AND HOUSE PAYMENTS.

WHEN YOU PAY OVER THE MINIMUM AMOUNT YOU MUST WRITE-ON THE BILL-APPLY TO THE PRINCIPAL. THOSE MEANS THEY HAVE TO TAKE THE EXTRA MONEY YOU HAVE PAID AND APPLY IT TO YOUR BALANCE MINUS THE INTEREST. YOU WILL BE AMAZED HOW QUICKLY THINGS GET PAID OFF.

JUST REMEMBER IF YOU DO NOT WRITE THIS THEY WILL PUT THE EXTRA PAYMENT TOWARDS THERE INTEREST THEREFOR NOT LOWERING YOUR BILL.
If used wisely credit cards are great...especially now with all the cash back offers the companies give you. My wife and I use our credit card for everything and pay it all off when the bill arrives. We keep track of our purchases like a checkbook that way we know what our balance is. We don't big ticket items unless we know we have the money in the bank. By doing this we get the interest from the bank plus the cash back from the credit card company.



A warning for debit card users...when you return an item or your card gets charged by mistake...it takes awhile for YOUR bank to get that money back into your account...sometimes up to 30 days!!
Zero, these days. I had my share of cards in college and throughout my 20's, but the hubby and I ditched the one card we had a few years ago. I'll tell you what has happened to a lot of people though: you know how they'll give you some fantastic rate, but if you're late once they double the rate? Well, a lot of people have fallen victim to that, because even if you put the check in the mail, and the post office loses it, the bank does not care. They love to be able to jack up your interest rate that way. And that alone can send the minimum payment up to where the person can no longer make it, and it just snowballs from there.
Some 60 % of all the people out there are in dire straights because of credit card abuse on their behalf. Look what happened here just recently when the prime rate was increased by the Fed in the U.S. ! People who took out adjustable mortage loans were suddenly faced with the fact that they did not have enough money to make the new increased mortage payment. Creit card compamies want the customer to make minimum payments so they can keep the principle so high. With minimun payments it will take forever to pay down the outstanding principle.



If people were smart they would cut up their credit cards into little pieces. Then ...when and if they get those cards paid in full.....start putting in AUTOMATICLEY deducted from their paychecks 10 % of their gross for long term savings. People are not disiplened enough to PAY THEMSELVES FIRST then pay the monthy bills. Just wait when the same people who refuse to save face retirement. Wow. Will they really be in the hurts. Ouch !!
Normally between $400.00 to $600.00, always pay in full before the due date.



No outstanding debt except mortgage.
I charge everything on my credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. It's a cash reward card. So they pay me to use their money.
I have no blance on any of my credit cards
we are living in a world of entertainment. if we don't entertain ourself we are said to be anti-social and the society will see us with one eyes. our peer will stay away from us. so the pressure to adjust to society let us to believe that if other peoples have it we must have it too. we are conditioned to follow. just look at young people at very young age sometimes even barely 12 or 13 years old but they have strong needs to get thin. where this mentality come from?
I funnel nearly all of my spending (including those utilities I can) through a few different rewards credit cards. Then I pay my balances in full every month. That way I maintain a good credit history, avoid interest, and earn great rewards (e.g. cash back).



Basically, I use my credit cards just like they are cash.
i only use my debit card for expenses and hold on to my credit card for EMERGENCIES ONLY. credit card companies are in the business to get people in debted to them. that's why every year when you turn 18 they mail em out hoping they get some 18 year old shopaholic. i oughtta know because when i turned 18 last year i got several in the mail and my dad threw all of them away, because he knows how much his little princess loves to shop hehe. but he let me keep one and informed me to use the common sense, that the Lord gave me, and use it only for absolute emergencies and i've done that ever since. with my job i make pretty good income per month so a debit card works fantastic for me. :) but that's how credit card companies make their money...by hoping they can get tons and tons of people in debted to them...for life even. thank goodness for daddys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment